Wednesday 31 December 2008

Happy New Year!!

Resolutions & Stuff... That should be the title, but happy new years sounds so much more... festive and stuff!

Okay, so basically, it's been an upside-down year, with a lot of amazing things and a lot of not great moments. Over all, it's been educational, and to sum it up I wouldn't really want to trade it. I'd want to change so much, but since the time machine has yet to be invented (and it'd just mess thins up in the end)...

So, lessons learned? Home is where the heart is, no matter where in the world you may be at the time. And life is beautiful, and chances are worth taking, because sometimes they pay off. And if nothing else, you'll have more peace in your heart if you go after whatever it is that's making your butterflies jump (career/family/friends/romantically-wise). I can't believe how far everyone's come. I'm so proud of my family and my friends (shut up, I'm having a chick-flick moment!) for everything they've done, and everything I know they'll still accomplish.

It's amazing how distance really does make the heart grow fonder, and after some time you start wonderin what's really important in life. I moved this year, 1285 miles (or 2068 km) away from what used to be home. According to google maps, that's about a 22 hour drive. It makes your think, about a lot of things. I also learnt that kids only grow up once (duh douche), and that it really makes all the difference in the world what you do with those precious moments you spend with them. Remember when they used to say 'kids are the future' and talk about us? Hah, new generation's come and made us old! But anyways :). I learned that my slight problem with staying put isn't going to go away before I figure out how and where to make the pieces fall together. They just haven't quite yet, but I'm ok with that. Work in progress dammit!

Oh, and it's worth chasing after your dreams. Otherwise, you might just end up regretting something, and that's quite a burden to bear... Then again, sometimes your dream changes, and gets split in two vastly different geographical locations. Or three... Turns out you might not be the only one moving around. :)

So enough of my lame babbling (but hey, the title WAS 'there's something wrong...' you'd think you would've thought it through). I'm sure Camilla's got something quirky and philosophical to add! First, new years resolutions though...

Uhm... Well, you're not supposed to say them out loud are you? I'm thinking sharing them with the world counts! But I've got one or two, so... yay.

Love ya'll! Stay safe (that means no fire crackers into each other's eyes, it's such a bad idea, trust me), happy, and keep dreaming big. And remember the people you love like to be reminded of that... You never know when you won't have a chance to tell em again. Oooh! And spread the holiday magic (yes, I stubbornly refuse to believe there is none, despite all evidence of the contrary!)

<3<3<3<3<3<3


Ps. *waves fist* Camilla! You mentioned the cookie club! You must now paaaaay *snatches chocolate chips*

No comments: