Sunday 22 February 2009

Dog sitter

I have a headache. I have a cough. I'm tired. I have red eyes. I'm annoyed. My parents are "discussing" things in the kitchen.

This weekend I've had the responsibility to take a "friend'" dog out for walks. I had her key and went to her apartment and took the dog out. It's not that big of a deal, I have a dog (they're mother and daughter actually), so it's not like I didn't intend to go for a walk anyway.

Well, well, here's the thing; Last walk was this morning, I got in around 10 am. Then I locked the door and left the key in the pigeon-hole, because she was getting back...either around 2 or 4 pm.

About 3 pm I walk my own dog and voilĂ ! ot long after that I get a text from her asking me if I can't take her on an evening walk too, because her train is delayed and she won't be back until tomorrow morning. I tell her that that's a no-can-do unless there's an extra key. Well there is! Can you believe the luck?

So I dutifully put on my shoes and some extra layers of clothes because, frankly, it's snowing cats and dogs (well if it can rain cats and dogs it sure as hell can snow cats and dogs), and go to her friend to collect the keys to let her poor dog out for a walk. When I get there though, wouldn't you know, there is no one home!

Lovely!

So I text her asking for her to call then and ask them where the hell they are (I'm getting quite annoyed at this time) and she texts back saying OK. 10 minutes later i started walking home and here I am. I've been home for half and hour and I still havn't heard from her.

All of this I'm not doing for her sake...I'm doing it for her dog because I feel sorry for her. That's how miserable I am.

//Cam (Oh, ad I'm pissed off, did I tell you?)

No comments: