Wednesday 29 October 2008

Nine to five...

.... Peaches here.

Who just spent a good ten minutes on writing a long damned whiny and grouchy darksided posting. And then it vanished! Just like that. Oh well, back to my original ramblings... Work. And people who manage to be creative afterwards.

Admit is, you've heard the stories. Those guys who do their day time jobs for 8+ hours, then come home, and spend half the nights writing... Or painting... Or researching... Being creative, and realizing their dreams. They spend the time practicing and putting 'The End' signs at the bottom of the pag... Ehrm... their projects.

I want to write down a 'The End' sign! I want to spend my nights typing away! Except... I'm exhausted. All I really want to do at the end of the day (six thirty if I'm lucky) is crawl down in my freezing bed, eat Ben & Jerry's (when affordable, i.e. once every second month), and watch bad TV. On the computer... Because who, really, affords a TV these days!

Oh...

When I had essay or exam dates I could pull all nighters. Okay, so maybe I spent two and a half hours out of a five hour exam trying to remember how to spell my last name... But to my defense I have a very complicated last name...

Bottom line, though, is that I cannot seem to get any 'The end' signs down. I spend the mornin hours all positive and with these big decisions on how this evening I will actually get something done. And then I get home, and there is this darkness slowly creeping into the field of vision. I like my job, I actually do (although I have no money in my accounts, if the minus mark doesn't count, and nine to five really means something different, AND if I'd keep doing this exact job for another couple of years I'd...). But imagine ten years from now, when I turn thirty and have joined Mr. air-Guitar-hero outside the grocery store in our search for the perfect 1 cent, and there are still no 'The end' signs!

It's six fudging letters!

Anyways, I gotta go now. I have TV to watch and chocolate to eat... And books on the floor to ignore... Who said studying ended when you got out of school? Naah, see that's when you realized your degree was, accidentally, in the completely wrong subjects, and you have to do it all over again. On your own. While working. Because school is expensive. And because people always say stupid things like "sure hun, that's great, but for real now... what do you REALLY want to do with your life? Something... realistic sweetie." Then they pinch your cheeks, sweetly.

Then there's certain people * points* who are able to get stuff done, and spend hours actually being creative, and pick degrees they actually like! Some people are just born ass-kickers... and muffin bakers!

happy (dirty) dreams

Peaches

No comments: